Classes of hosting solutions
A hosting solution involves hoarding and/or sharing particular web content on a hosting server run by a web hosting distributor. There are various types of hosting services utilized for various goals, so let's examine these. Thus, you can choose what you want, on the basis of whether you wish to build a website, mails, or to share files with buddies and colleagues.
- File hosting: a service distributed by certain companies, which allows you to share enormous files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archived files, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its only function is to share files, since it does not offer web page uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either obtain a randomly created download link for each of them, or you will be able to explore a list of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to load .html or .php web page files in your web browser. Free file hosting services often involve advertisements next to the download links, while a timer forces you to wait for a specific amount of time to observe them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you buy a paid file hosting plan, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download instantly, and also there is no limitation with regard to the download speed or the file size.
These days, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting distributors, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more faddish "cloud hosting". This is a totally mistaken interpretation of the real definition of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting environment would distribute the load between individual bunches of web servers in a cluster, which are committed to serving various web page hosting services (electronic mail, disk space, stats, DNS, databases, website hosting Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is only a variety of a disk storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: similar to file hosting; specific suppliers offer a hosting solution for pictures only. This hosting kind is good if you want to share a vast amount of images with friends or partners since the solution is mostly free of cost. You will obtain a random link for every picture or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the solution cannot be utilized for web sites.
- E-mail hosting: a service dedicated to handling your email box accounts. Some vendors offer web space hosting solutions for websites, but do not provide an email service. If you wish to open a mail address with your domain name but do not desire to possess a web site, then the email hosting solution is what you require. You can create e-mail address accounts and manage them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The e-mail hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP email servers.
- Video hosting: this solution permits you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to some video clip, or you can embed the video clip in your web page that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of availing of this method instead of uploading the video file in a hosting account is that the video clip brings about a specific amount of central processing unit load, so with a couple of videos and several hundred site viewers, you may have trouble with your hosting resources. Embedding the video file will permit you to possess as many video clips as you desire without hassling about system quotas.
- Web site hosting: this is the service that you need if you wish to run a site. To a certain degree, it embodies all of the abovementioned hosting kinds since, along with your web sites, you can also host images and files, you can set up databases and e-mail address accounts, upload videos, etc. At Exclusive Hosting, for instance, you can observe web hosting and dedicated hosting solutions that permit you to have all of the aforesaid solutions in one location. There may be restrictions depending on the sort of hosting service that you've settled on - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your webspace hosting package may be better or worse in comparison with the usual email/file/video/image hosting packages that are purposed for particular web content only.